LRC VOLUNTEER POSITION
BRIDGE PROGRAM TO WORKING AS A TA
Have you ever been interested in volunteering in the Skills Lab (CO 108)? Well here's your chance! The Skills Lab is looking for front desk volunteers who are willing to dedicate unpaid 3-4 hours each week throughout the semester for those interested in potentially working as a TA in the skills lab for the next semester. Being involved in the LRC will aid volunteers in building familiarity with the skills lab, spicing up your resume, and developing strong teamwork skills! We look forward to working with you!
- SO 2 or JR 1 in good standing with USF
- Fill out and print a volunteer application and drop it off at the front desk in CO 108
- Minimum 3.3 GPA
- Federal Work Study highly preferred
- By fulfilling the required hours, you will be cleared of your 5 hour community service requirement with NSA for the respective semester. You must e-mail the NSA community service coordinator upon completing your shifts and cc Patrick Jose at firstname.lastname@example.org. You are still responsible for paying NSA dues!
- After completing all your shifts, you may fill out a TA application for a TA position at the LRC the following semester. Getting the position is contingent on your performance and commitment as a volunteer. It's important you make a good first impression!
Duties include becoming familiar with managing the front desk, knowing where to locate supplies, and keeping the lab organized. You will:
- restock the lab with supplies,
- provide students with the necessary supplies needed for checkoffs,
- deliver carts to nursing theory classes (i.e. JR 2 or SO 1 classes),
- follow policies and procedures (i.e. lend equipment such as stethoscopes, Glo germ, etc.), and
- assist with projects as needed.
- assist with students with skills practice or checkoffs,
- provide any feedback,
- collaborate with your own cohort, or
- practice skills during down time.
- By the end of the semester, complete 8 to 10 shifts (2 to 3 hours each). Ideally, your grand total will be a minimum of 20 hours of volunteering.
- Wear your NSA t-shirt, hoodie, or jacket during your shift
- Wear your volunteer name badge during your shift
- Sign in and out (with blue or black ink, print first and last name, and initial) the Skills Lab Time Log
- Check in with a senior TA upon arrival
- Commit to your shift; otherwise, please e-mail Patrick Jose at email@example.com.
how to apply
Applications are limited and will be sent out on a first-come, first-serve basis. Only the first set of people to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject "LRC Bridge Program" will be sent the application. We will be accepting emails starting TBA DATE AND TIME. We will personally email you the application and further information as space allows.